Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Just a thought on this competition

Brian_Adkins

Just a thought on this competition from a non-participant

Everyone...

If you've ever heard the phrase "Perfection is the enemy of the good", you'll understand my suggestion on this competition... It seems that, in the attempt to achieve a 'perfect' competition, you are preventing youreselves from holding a 'good' competition.

I would take a hard look at how much detail and control you guys actually need for a competition like this. It seems to me that a simply competition thread with a theme and 3 or 4 rules might suffice for an initial competition. Instead of planning nevreythingout to the Nth degree, just "Jump in the water" and see how it goes! You will certainly learn a great deal.

After you've got one under your belt, the second one will be easier and you'll have a much better idea of how to better handle the details like judges, prizes, sponsors, etc...

Just an observation... and I know you are all trying your best to create a fair and compelling competition for the community.

-Brian
Edited by: Brian_Adkins

"Perfection is the enemy of the good"

The same thing I told Speling while chatting with him.

I fully agree with this thinking of Brian_Adkins.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back