Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bom Balloons from Simplified Reps

saspinall

Hi

We have an assemblyof an electricalconnectorwhich will be shipped to the customer with some dummy plugs fit into the cable entry holes. When in situ these plugs will be discarded and the connector fit with cable, earthing wireand some terminals. In our proe assembly we have all the items assembled and have created some simplified reps for showing just the plugs and then plugs removed and cable and terminations fitted. We set one of the reps to be active and created the BOM table from it. However as this is the rep where the plugs are turned off, the plugsdo not show in the BOM table. Consequently if we make the master rep the driver for the BOM table,so as the plugs are in the BOM,the BOM balloons will not show on the simplied rep views. Has anyone encountered a similar scenario and know of a way to show all items in the assembly in the BOM and then to show balloons on several different reps.

Thanks in Adance

Stu

Make a bom table for each rep. If necessary, you can put them on a layer and hide them and just show the one complete bom table from the master rep.

<tg>

that's sort of what we did, made a BOM from each repand fixed indexes so they ran consecutively then married them up so they look as though they are one BOM table. Kind of cheating but classed as draughtsman's licence.

Stu

This issue is probly already resolved, but if not, I just had the exact same problem. The way I fixed it was to insert all views as the Master rep, and for each view where I did not want things to display, I blanked the idividual components. This is very time consuming, especially on a large assembly, but it is the only way that I found to keep everything parametric to my BOM, without duplicate tables or balloons.

Thanks Bones

Yes we have resolved this by putting in 2 tables but your way sounds better. I remembered blanking items in views too late to do anything, but thanks for replying.

Stu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back