Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Formatting text in drawing

czar

Hello

can anyone tell me if there's a list of the symbols used to format text in WF2.0, when using Drawing mode (like @[, @O, @+,...).

Thanks

this is from ptc

@D (displays a numerical value)
@S (displays a symbolic value)
@O (overwrites the dimension text with user defined text, this cannot be performed with Shown dimensions)

To create superscripted text, type [@+text@#], to create subscripted text, type [@-text@#],where text is the note

To enter special symbols not in the symbol palette:
Determine the ASCII character for the special symbol from an Extended ASCII Character Set table. Enter CTRL-a to turn on the special symbol font, type in the ASCII character, then enter CTRL-b to turn off the special font. For example, a Centerline symbol is desired to be placed in a note, the text for this symbol would appear as: <CTRL-a> q <CTRL-b>. "q" is the ASCII character for a Centerline special symbol

test_param = 12.463819
In the note enter: &test_param[.4]
The displayed value in the note will be 12.4638

Modify the text line of the note and change the text from:
{0: This is a text note}
</PRE>

to
{0: This is a }{1:text}{2: note}.
</PRE>

The word 'text' can then be selected individually for text style modification.

or

{0:This is line one.}
{1:This is line two.}
{2:This is line three.}

To change the text height of the "T's" in "This" do the following.

{0:T}{1:his is line one.}
{2:T}{3:his is line two.}
{4:T}{5:his is line three.}
</PRE>

In order to underline the word "has"; select the text, then #Edit, #Properties. --OR--
Select the note and right-click #Properties. The following will be seen on the Text tab of the Enter Text window that appears:

{0:Elvis has left the building.}

Edit the text as follows: {0:Elvis} {1:has} {2:left the building.}

Now the word "has" can be individually underlined by selecting #Format, #Text Style, and checking the checkbox labeled "underline

prob some more out there

How could I underline not the last but an earlier line of a multiline note with its ISO leader line?

-It is possible somehow -

To underline other than last line of text in multiline note, put the "@O" before the line, you want to underline. You might also toggle the leader type.

that @[Text@] is awesome!!!!

is there anything similar to that for inspection dimensions? i sometimes have notes underneath the dim and i dont want the bubble attached to the note, is there anyway to keep the note with the dimension but stop the bubble from wrapping the whole thing?

and i know i can just create a seperate note and attach it to the dim...but that doesnt work well when the dim is on an angle...and i would rather have it in the text box of the actual dim...

help?
Edited by: dvennard

dvennard - you can make your note separate from the dimension and group itto the dimension. Highlight note > edit>group>relate to object> then pick your dimension.From then on it will be attached to a follow the dimension.

Hi all,

I also need to determine a good way to place text inside a triangle symbol for a note. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Calamum,
In order to place text into a triangle symbol, it may be necessary to create a custom symbol. Once the symbol is created, you can place any text you want in the symbol. In addition, as long as the symbol is loaded into your drawing, you may embed the symbol within a text note. (see example below) &sym(symbol_name) is how you specify. If your symbol has groups, the text note will force you to choose your options. If your symbol requires you to enter a value, the text note will force you to enter a value prior to finishing the note.

Example:

&sym(surface_finish) ALL OVER UNLESS
OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.

I created a standard text note and added the text as you see it above. I already had a custom symbol called "surface_finish.sym" loaded into my drawing. When I hit the enter key to be done with the first line, I was prompted to select either value or no value (options from the group tab within the symbol). If value was chosen, it prompts me to type in a value (variable text tab within the symbol). I typed in 125 and hit enter. I was then on the second line where I could enter text for line 2.
After the text note was complete, you can select the text and/or the symbol separately within the note to make style adjustments.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back