Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Graphics display problem?

Vesh

Im having problems with windows from behind Pro/E dispaying within the Pro/E window...

img451.imageshack.us/my....ansparent7pw.jpg

img491.imageshack.us/my....nsparent27el.jpg

Ive tried a couple of different drivers (77.56, 81.67) but it still
occurs. It only does it in Solidworks Office 2005 and Pro/E Wildfire
2.0 (Educational version).

Is my graphics card not good enough?... or what else could it be?

Athlon x2 3800+

2GB PQi RAM

Quadro FX540

Windows Pro XP64

Dual Monitor display

Set the config.pro option "graphics"to "win32_gdi" and restart proe.

Make sure it is active when you have proe up again by checking under #Help #Technical Support Info#scroll down to "Pro/ENGINEER Graphics Type" - it should say win32_gdi

If the problem is sorted (allthough graphics is slow) it is your graphicscard causing the problems.

Also search the forum, thera are postings about poor graphics and also about using dual monitors with proe.

have you got desktop sharing via netmeeting enabled?

I remember having similar problems like this because of m$ netmeeting.

Greets,

Ed

try turning down the hardware acceleration, right click desktop, properties>settings>advanced>trobleshoot and it should be there! keep turning it down untill the problem stops! it will slow the regeneration down though.

Mine does this while regenerating, as soon as regeneration is done it clears up. I figure that because the system is busy with the regeneration, it doesn't get the interrupt it needs to repaint the screen.

mutrax said:
have you got desktop sharing via netmeeting enabled?

I remember having similar problems like this because of m$ netmeeting.

Greets,

Ed

Hi Mutrax,
How do you solve this problem?

Get rid of net meeting
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back