Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 3.0 Release Date -- WHEN??

I had to log a call to PTC and ask that our license be revved up to 3.0 before I was able to see the 3.0 downloads on the update page.

dr_gallup wrote:

"I do not understand why PTC doesn't seem to be promoting it at all.
There has been no press release, they seem to be hiding it like they
are ashamed of it."

PTC is promoting it...

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=116312&p=iro l-newsArticle&ID=827800&highlight

I also saw a press release yesterday that spoke to the fact that the
WF 3 Schools Edition has been released but I can't find that link.

I found the WF 3 Schools Edition link:

http://www.tenlinks.com/news/PR/PTC/032206_proe3school.htm
Edited by: Hacks

Right out of the gate I see a bug. If your model has an image texture mapped onto it, you won't see it correctly if you Save As > JPEG (or TIFF or any other image). This is a big showstopper for us and a bit discouraging considering this was not an issue with WF 3.0 preproduction. I guess that year of fixing bugs wasn't enough. They say it's fixed in M010, but, of course I'll have to wait for that one to be available now.

Finally, after 2 support calls and 2 license "updates", I can see WF3 on the download & order updates page! Could they make this any more difficult? Why don't they just make it available to everyone with maintenance and automatically send the damn license file?

F000 doesn't look very stable to me right now. It haspro/exited a couple times this morning on top of the aformentioned bug. I think C010 was actually better.

I just hope when they finally get around to sending me WF 3.0 (license managment told me mine was due in about 8 weeks - so much for a late March release) they send M010.

I just got WF3.0 in the post there yesterday and recieved my new license from PTC last night. So I want to install them now so I'm wondering as to exactly what steps are to be taken when installing a new licnese?

update the FLexLM program, (does this require a restart of our server? ) then to actually replace the license, do I simply replace the license.dat with the renamed text file that PTC senc me? or copy and paste the text fom the new one to an old one? is there a suggessted technique there somewhere?

Cheers,

James

Just run the CD's, do the license server first. Point it at your new license file. Then install WF3F000. I got my CD's today and the install went fine. Unfortunately, the new printing and PDFing capabilities are not working nearly as smoothly.

Printing an A1 size drawing to a B size piece of paper is making an A1 size file which my laserjet will not print! I'm using the exact same pcf file that has worked since at least R20.

Creating a PDF from Pro/E is not handling the text fields with reduced text width properly. The text is spilling out of the symbols and format boxes. Distilling postscript into PDF looks fine but then you don't get the new searchable text capabilities.

I know, but the Pro/E PDF has mal-formed text either way. Only a distilled PS file has correct text but hhat is not searchable. PTC has assigned an SPR to this. One for me. Lets see who can score the most SPR's.

There was an SPR already on the plot zooming/clipping/page size issue. It seems WF3 is not reading the plotter .pcf files initially. If you pick the plotter then pick the configure button then OK (without changing anything) it forces WF3 to read the .pcf file and then it works OK. So that is an OK workaround.

tick tock tick tock........We won't takeour 25 seats to WF3 for at least 3 months, maybe more. Most, if not all of our customers lag as well.

Mine is another company that will wait a few month to go to WF3. We always wait a while for the bugs to get ironed out before we make the leap

Then we're really lagging !!??
smiley5.gif
LOL..

Still on 2001.... How bad is that !

Taz

We used R20 until we made the jump to WF2. Sometimes it is just not worth it or hardware or customer requirements hold you back.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back