Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 3.0 Release Date -- WHEN??

It will be most probably in July 2006, provided the first production comes in March 17, 2006.

Israr

They have removed all reference to WF3 from the download or order software update link (in above post). I guess they are in the process of mailing out CDs to active maintenance accounts. I expect that to take quite awhile. Even though we have a 2 digit site ID, we are not a large customer so seem to be at the tail end of mass mailings. I would love to here from anybody that has received it already.

caldwell said:
It is available from the downloads.
Did you actually look befor you posted? It has been completely removed from the regular order & download area. If they have a new web page just for WF3 they have hidden it well. Post a working link and I'll eat my words.

If you request an uprev for your codes then you'll see it in the downloads section. I can see it. Otherwise just wait and PTC will get around to the uprev for you if you are on maintenance.

Here's what I see:

PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 INSTALL FROM WEB
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 FOR HP-UX & SOLARIS ON SPARC CD SET
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 FOR LINUX CD
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 FOR SOLARIS 10 ON AMD X64 CD SET
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 FOR WINDOWS CD SET
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE 3.0 FOR WINDOWS XP X64 EDITION CD SET
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE GRAPHICS LIBRARY CD

Edited by: bruppert

dr_gallup: What you see in the Order or Download software updates section is specific to your login. That's why I see it and you might not. I may also see things like Division Productivew. This is based on what you bought and your maintenance. If you are on active maintenance then you can either wait for PTC to get around to up-revving your licenses or you can request a license update. In either case - when your licenses areupdated toWF3 level you willthen beable to download the software. Bottom line - if your codes won't run WF3 why would they let you download it.

I have active maintenance and WF3 was listed there until the supposed release last week when it disappeared off the radar.

Does anyone know how 3.0 will get along with Windows 2000? Or should I just switch to XP first?

Thanks,

Tim

I went ahead and got a WF3 license (I had a WF3 C010 license which I think is the same), we have paid maintenance. I still see no WF3 to order or download. Maybe it will magically appear in a day or two. I do not understand why PTC doesn't seem to be promoting it at all. There has been no press release, they seem to be hiding it like they are ashamed of it.

timjr: Windows 2000 SP4 is supported although "PTC suggests the use of Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit), as it has shown to utilize better memory allocation over Microsoft Windows 2000. Additionally, Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) also offers users the ability to increase the per-process Memory Limit for Pro/ENGINEER. For more information, please reference http://www.ptc.com/cs/tpi/111330.htm."

bruppert said:
Preproduction 2 codes aren't the same as the release version.

Preproduction 2 codes are version 26.

Released WF3 codes are version 27.

And they did do press releases a while ago. This is from March 7:

[url]http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/textsub.jsp?&amp ; ; ;im_dbkey=35768&icg_dbkey=21 [/url]
The codes that I ordered & recieved TODAY are for version 26. WTF???

Like you said, that is an old press release that said that it would be available "in the future". There has not been a thing saying "Yeah, we did it, it's not vaporware anymore!"

Dr Gallup,

I can't uderstand why you can't download it. I am working off of rev 26 license codes and have no problem.

The only thing I can think of is we have Foundation with Mold design, Advanced Assembly & Surface, do you only have Foundation ... even if you did that still doesn't make sense.

I'm downloading it right now to take it to work to load (crappy T1 connection) I'll see if I could load it tomorrow without getting the Rev 27 license.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back