Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

material assignment

kiran1810

hallo all,

Is it possible to assigndifferent materials for different features in the same *.prt ??

I hope many of u will find this question absurd, but still I would like to know if it is possible or if there is any other way that I can do the same....

I am trying to model/analysis a tennis racquet. I have to assign different materials to the frame and the strings. How can i proceed?

regards,

satya.

It sounds like you are constructing your model as a *.prt. If that is the case, I would suggest constructing your model as a *.asm. This will allow you to assign different material data to the respective individual parts.

firstly, thnx for the options u ppl hav provided.

Robertib: the link tht u provided seemed as, if I require to assign diffferent materials to different instances of the same part but not atthe sametime which unfortunately is my requirement.

chrisvoges: ur option is the way which I have been trying for some time..may be it works out for me... still goin on with the process....

Israr: can u open up more information on the option that u hav provided... i cud not follow what u meant.

regards,

satya

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back