Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

64 bit OS in general with Pro/E?

mdristy

<H1 =subject>Is anyone having good luck running Pro/Engineer on a 64 bit Windows OS?</H1>
<DIV =content>What version of Pro/Eare you running?
What is your hardware / OS platform?
How about Pro/Intralink?</DIV>
<DIV =content></DIV>
<DIV =content>I've heard stories of instability...</DIV>
<DIV =content></DIV>
<DIV =content>Thanks.</DIV>

Hi,

I'm running WildFire 4 M50 on Vista 64 bit.

I'm running it on an Asus notebook G50V with 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GeForce 9700M GT with 512 MB.

I've seen no instabilities yet, it runs rocksolid and fast.

Best regards,

John Bijnens

Pro/Engineer on 64 bit XP has been available since Wildfire 2.0 and Intralink 3.4 (client only) - see http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support.htm

I have been using ProE on Windows XP64 beta (PTC had a version for Windows 64 before Microsoft released it!) and it's always been very stable. Looking at the OCUS benchmarks the 64-bit OS has slightly slower performance, but its main advantage is to be able to have huge models in memory - I've had models taking 5 Gb or more and the graphics performance was fine. The machine did have 16 Gb memory and an nVidia Quadro FX 4500 card though.

Regards,

Rod

I'm running Wildfire 4 M050 on a dell precision m6300 notebook with windows vista ultimate x64, 4 g ram, nvidia quadro fx 3600m.

Pro has been running with no problems...with many parts and assemblies open at once.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back