Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Open Proe in Workspace with trailfile

IH275

Is it possible to open Proengineer linked to a workspace from the command prompt?

In other word. I want to open drawing from a workspace and print it to pdf with an batch file.

Does it make any sense,

thanks;

Mad

Yes, use the -w:<Workspace> command line option and follow it with the trail file to run. For example:

c:\>proeWildfire.bat -w:My_Workspace pdf_trail.txt

This will open Pro/ENGINEER in the Workspace. Converting to PDF is permissible, but don't modify any of your Pro/ENGINEER files in the Workspace. The Local.ddb file doesn't get updated unless you are running through a Pro/INTRALINK Client. Thus this option can result in a corrupted Workspace if you aren't careful.

An alternative is to use Pro/INTRALINK Scripting and automatically access the Workspace through a Pro/INTRALINK Client. But it sounds like you have already chosen a path and it should work well for what you want.

Good luck

mmead0ws said:
c:\>proeWildfire.bat -w:My_Workspace pdf_trail.txt

Watch - don't include the colon":" - just this:

c:\>proeWildfire.bat -wMy_Workspace pdf_trail.txt

This method works well for automating tasks - we've used it to create thousands of o-rings - you just edit the trail file & join together loads of different code "snippets" ...

Ed

Thanks,
smiley32.gif

Is there anyway to include username and password for Intralink or do I have to use Intralink scripting to first log in and then run may proe script?, I use WF2

/M

Ed,

Thanks for the syntax correction! It has been a few years since I actually used that command. Sorry for the misprint.

IH275,

The Pro/ENGINEERcommand line option "-w"doesn't require login to Pro/INTRALINK. It bypasses Pro/INTRALINK and works directlyon the files in the Workspace. That is why you shouldn't modify the files in the Workspace using this command. If you modify the files, the metadata won'tget updated.

You should use Pro/INTRALINK Scripting if you want to change the files and maintain your metadataor if you want to automatically checkout from the Commonspace as needed. If you start up Pro/INTRALINK with the command line option "-r", it will record a full Pro/INTRALINK Client session, including the username and password for logging in.Use the following command tosee all the published/supported Pro/INTRALINK command line options. The "--" follows some Java standards notation and is a necessary separator between the Pro/INTRALINK command name and the command line options you want to invoke.

proiclient.bat -- -help

Good Luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back