Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink 3.4 install issues with Veritas

badski78

I attempted to install Intralink 3.4 M010 on a brand new Windows 2000
server. The only additional program on that server is Veritas Backup
Exec 9.1. Intralink 3.4 File server and Oracle seemed to install OK but
when I tried to install Data server - I ran into problems:

Syncronization Database File Name ... ERROR:

ORA-01031: insufficient priviledges

SP2-0306: Invalid Option (with some info)

SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exitin SQL*Plus

and so on........

I am wondering if ORACLE sql is having conflicts with the Veritas SQL.

I prefer not remove the Veritas as there is a good chance I could loose all the job history, etc. That is my last choice.

Has anyone seen this?

<DIV>Most likely an authorization problem with Oracle SYSDBA account.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>First, did you install Oracle 9.2 using the OSA or are you using unbundled configuration?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The Windows user account should have local admin rights, and be part of the ORA_DBA group.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Did you move the %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\sqlnet.ora file during the install? Look in this file and see what the authentication mechanism is set to (probably NTS).</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Try the following from a CMD window:</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>sqlplus /nolog</DIV>
<DIV>connect / as sysdba</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I suspect that the database and schema scripts cannot be executed because you do not have proper rights granted.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>PTC Technical Support can help you resolve this installation issue.</DIV>

Thanks for the information.

I was logged into the server with the domain admin login the first time around. The second time I logged in as the local Admin. Both have the same local admin rights.

I did install Oracle CD set from PTC using OSA. I worked with a great PTC support Eng, but after a few days - we were still stumped. I do know Veritas uses SQL and Oracle to some extent and thought maybe there was a conflict with them and INTRALINKS oracle. I even shut down those services and rebooted then did the install, but not successful. I do not want to uninstall Veritas yet as there is too much history and job info. I see on the Veritas site a way to uninstall and reinstall and save this info - but again, I would perfer to test that before I do it. IF successful, I may uninstall Veritas and install ILNK 3.4 with Oracle to see if that works? Prior to that I will check your suggestions early next week.

On a side note, I did a successful install on a very similar server which did not have Veritas installed. Then I installed Veritas and there was no issue.

Thanks again

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back