Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dim decimal places changing

saspinall

Config option is set to 3 decimal places as default which works fine most of the time. However it's becoming more and more frequent that when we open a drawing where dimensions are toleranced as upper and lower limits, thats thesetoleranced dims are changing to 4 decimal places and when you alter them in dim properties back to 3 decimal places, the limits change and have to be retyped in to the original values. Very frustrating. Working on WF2 with datecode M060. Think an update to latest M090 might solve this ??

Thanks in advance

Stu
smiley19.gif

Hi,

It does it in 2001, too, but ours is usually from 2 places to 3. I'm assuming that when you give it the tolerance band, it configures it to whatever decimal places the standard is set to. You're right - it is very frustrating!

I'd be interested in a solution, too.

Regards,

Lesley

smiley1.gif

Cristelino,

If only it were that simple!
smiley1.gif

My dtl file is already set to 2 dec places being the default, but it still gives certain tolerance bands and extra place

Thanks,

Regards,

Lesley

Lesley, glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this, never noticed it in 2001 actually. Cristelino, yes this is set to 3 decimal places in our config.pro. I think it tends to do it when the nominal value is equal to 4 decimal places ie if the limits are set to 0.450/0.455 then the nominal is 0.4525 so it sets it to 4 dec places. By the way, we work in imperial dimensions.

Stu
smiley2.gif

Stu,

Nominal ... that's the word I was looking for! Such a hard word to remember after lunch! *shaking head*
smiley36.gif

We work in metric, but I don't think that would affect it.

Cristelino,

Will have to trawl through them all! *sigh*

Lesley

Cristelino

Sorry - I didn't mean to sound rude!
smiley4.gif

Stu

Sorry - I didn't mean to hijack your post!!
smiley36.gif

Lesley

Lesley, don't worry about it, the more replies the merrier
smiley1.gif

Christelino, I've added the config.pro option default_num_dim_digit_changes andset it to no so it should use the default_dec_places which is set to 3. Will let you know how it goes, hopefully solved, fingers crossed
smiley32.gif

Stu

HEY, did anyone ever figure this one out? I have a user with the same problem -keeps having to modify the number of decimal places each time a drawing with these dimensions is opened.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back