Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

LINE WEIGHT IN PLOTTING - PRO E DRAWING

ARUN KUMARM

HAI ALL

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO GIVE LINE WEIGHT SETTINGSFOR VARIOUS LINE COLOURSIN PRO E DRAWINGAS WE DO IN THE AUTOCAD PLOT SETTING

EXAMPLE: BLACK - 0.25mm

BLUE - 0.15mm, etc...

ARUN KUMAR.M- INDIA

you need to know about pen_line_weight and pen table configuration options.

As well these depend on the version of ProE you are using.

Israr

Hello Arun,

You can set line weights in your config.pro. I use these settings at work in our master config.pro. You obviously then need to know what colors each of these pens are.

pen1_line_weight 6
pen2_line_weight 3
pen3_line_weight 3
pen4_line_weight 3
pen5_line_weight 6
pen6_line_weight 3
pen7_line_weight 3
pen8_line_weight 3

! Pen 1 = white entities (object lines)
! Pen 2 = yellow entities (text, dimensions, cross hatching)
! Pen 3 = gray entities (hidden lines)
! Pen 4 = red entities (can use for drawing border if you change the
! entity color to red in the format file)
! Pen 5 = green entities (sheetmetal)
! Pen 6 = cyan entities (section)
! Pen 7 = dark gray entities (dimmed)
! Pen 8 = blue entities (spline surface grid)

THANKS SHUNMUGAM FOR THE PEN SETTING COLOURS

BUT IS THIS PEN SETTING COLOURS AVAILABLE IN PRO E OPTION FILE

CAN WE ADD MORE COLOURS IN THIS LIST

EXPECTING SOME TIPS

I don't understand the Pattern option in pen table file?

can anybody give me some explanations?

thankx in advanced

I have completely lost it with plotting and pen settings!.
smiley7.gif

I'm trying to set up my own 'Pen Table plotting file' to plot drawings out on to a HP Designjet 1050C. All I wanted to do was change the hidden detail lines to a smaller pattern for better clarification; now the whole pen assignments have gone to pot.

I have decided to start again from scratch and I wondered if anyone could help me with the following questions.

1) If you have specified a pen assignment file e.g. 'table.pnt' in your config or pcf files. Does pro-engineer read the information each time you plot in a session. Will changes you make to the file update pro-engineer or do you have to restart pro-engineer each time.

2) I'm assuming that hidden lines are drawn in pen 3 as standard (grey). I cannot seem to change the size of the dashes. What ever pattern I input nothing changes.

3) I use the same plot settings for a HP Designjet 1050c and a Kyocera FS-1750 laser printer. How come my hidden dashes are different?.

4) In good old Autocad you could change the LTSCALE to alter line font spacing etc. Does the size of the drawing alter the line font spacing?.

I hope somebody can help.

thanks in advance

Rob.

Chivers

To answer your questions

1) Pro will read the table.pnt file each time you plot.

2)The size and spacing of dashed lines can be defined in the table.pnt file. An example:pen 3 pattern 0.1 0.05 0.025 0.05 in The technique is defined here http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/plt522/plt522.htm

3)I don't know why different printers give different results other than how the drivers interpret instructions.

4)The size of the drawing does not impact the line font spacing.

smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back