Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

5-10 minutes to update all sheets!

One way will be to update only the current sheet, if you don't need to update all sheets then update just the current sheet.

Otherwise it will take long to update all sheets.

Vlad,

I did some experimenting. Some option or combination of options in config.pro was causing this delay. I removed config.pro and updating happened in a reasonable amount of time, so I just added the options I really, truly need.

Sounds like you solved your problem. There are a few other things you can do to slow the update time. One is to have the config option auto_regen_views set to no. Then each time you switch sheets or go to the model and back, the view will not update. You can also erase views that you do not need to see or work on. View>Drawing Display>Drawing View Visibilty>Erase View. In 2001, it was View>Erase View. So much for less menu picks.

markp said:
One is to have the config option auto_regen_views set to no. Then each time you switch sheets or go to the model and back, the view will not update.

Just for the sake of helping someone else, I had already set auto_regen_views to no, and it helped some.
Edited by: jelston

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back