Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3D Connexion SpaceTraveler & WildFireIV

JerryTi

I have 3DConnexion SpaceTraveler, it's work fine with WildFireII & III, but not with WildFire IV. Editing protk.dat file dosn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you looked on the 3DConnexion website yet?Enter the following web address into your internet browser and checkout what is upported for Pro/E:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/cad/all_sup_app.php

You will notice that WF2 & 3 are listed but not WF4. I'm assuming since WF4 is newer that they haven't developed the software driver to work with 4 yet.

You may also want to check with them and see if you have the right driver, assuming you can even use that hardware with Pro/E WF4 at this time that is. They'll probably release a driver for it somewhat soon though.

I'm assuming by your comments that you have a build code that is newer than C010...is that correct? If that is true then I would ask 3DConnexion to tell you whether your build code of WF4is supported as of yet or not. Judging by their website, it doesn't appear like they have any support for WF4 for any build code, so if they said they do, & yours doesn't work; then sensibly I would have them look into your build code specifically (it shouldn't cost them anything extra to downloada newerbuild as long as they have an active license contract of Pro/E).

Also does the hardware not work at all or is it certain functions that don't work? I ask because maybe if it isn't talking to the Pro/E WF4 session at all, then you could possibly try un-installing and then re-installing the software/driver (if you haven't already tried that, that is), since you last upgraded WF3 to WF4, maybe something, software-wise has changed. It's just a thought, it might be all it needs to re-establish its connection to WF4.

Also compare your software/driver version to theirs to see it matches.
Edited by: gcook

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back