Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3.4 M020 no graphics data using info

wikey

Hey all,

When I do a locate in Intralink (3.4 build M020) and then do a right click =>information, the window display says "graphics data not available." We are using Wildfire 3.0 M120. The odd thing is, the historyfiles created in Wildfire 2 do show an image. I can't figure this one out?!?!?

We are using "save_drawing_picture_file embed" in our master config.pro, but I wonder if it is working...

We are also using the 32 bit emulated internet explorer.

Any suggetsions?

There is a PTC TPI which explains this problem which only affects WF 3.0 with Intralink 3.4, the TPI # is 132409. I know you have posted different build #'s then what is described but I think you will find the below information helpful none-the-less. Your history files from WF2.0 wouldn't have been affected by the issue described in the TPI, so that is why you still see the graphics for those items. BTW you need to have a customer log-in to use the link as described below. The PTC TPI resolution reads exactly as follows (hope it helps):

Resolution
<DIV =indent10>

Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M030 is compatible with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 M180 or later. To extend the compatibility of Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M030 to include Wildfire 3.0, additional files will need to be downloaded and placed within the Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M030 client. Failure to do so will result in being unable to view images in Pro/INTRALINK under #Object, #Information window for all the Wildfire 3.0 objects.

These files are available at http://www.ptc.com/cs/doc/prointralink31.htm. To install these files:

1. Backup the existing library file for your appropriate machine type within the <Pro/INTRALINK client loadpoint>/PRO_MACHINE_TYPE/obj directory.

2. Download and extract the new library file into the <Pro/INTRALINK client loadpoint>/PRO_MACHINE_TYPE/obj directory.</DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back