Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Search Assembly Model for parts with a specific parameter

TMPENG

Does anyone know how to search an assembly model for parts that have a parameter set to a specific value?

Secondly, is there a way to "Globally" change that parameter in all of the part models once I have found them?

As far as I am aware, there is no way to search for parameter values, or globally change them.
The closest way is to add the parameter to the model tree (Tree Columns -> Model params. Add the parameter you want). Then you can look down the tree for the values & change them as required - you can even add the parameter to models that don't have it.

I figured this out. In my case I have created a Yes No type parameter which I am using to drive whether or not a part or assembly will appear in my BOM table. I can search for parts and assemblies with yes and no by using tools, find, look for solid model, look by solid model, chose expression, chose type yes no, enter BOM for symbol, chose expression is equal to, then pick whether you are looking for yes or no. You can then select them all and close the search tool. Once you have all of the yes or nos selected, you can right click and edit the parameters. You cannot "globally" change them all, but you can change all of the instances of one part or assembly in one shot. They will appear in a list.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back