Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cant check in/check out in Windchill PDMlink

Austin White

When I attempt to check out or check in I get the error message "The user has no access to Workspace context"

From my research I think this could be because my caching server belongs to someone else. I used the previous employees server account before mine was set up. Could the caching server still belong to him and be causing conflicts on my account? I tried clearing the cache but it didn't help. Is there a way to manually change ownership for the caching server?

This issue has existed since the first time I logged into my own account.

I haven't been able to find any good help online and our PTC support wasn't renewed this year so any information will be appreciated.

NOTE: I'm a student intern so forgive my ignorance if I'm completely wrong about this issue.

Last edited:
You will need to delete the local .wf folder. This will require that you re-set up your local Windchill connection which will recreate the .wf folder. By default this is in the C:\Users\[local username]Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf However, your administrator could have put this in a separate common location. Most likely the case if it is trying to connect to the previous users cache.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back