Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sweep blend, blend... how would you solve this problem?

Dear All,

I'm playing a bit and modeling a guitar for fun... and now I have one problem with the neck - headstock transition. Can anybody help me how to solve this problem? TNX a lot!

My designe:
2016-12-2822-00stratvrat.jpg

How it schould be:
2016-12-2822-01stratocas.jpg

How to do this?

2. The second question is, how to proceed, to get this kind of smooth transmition from the neck to the headstock:

2016-12-2822-06prt0002-a.jpg

Any idea welcome!

How familiar are you with surfacing? Dont think you can get the shape you want using regular solid modelling tools. As i see it in your lowest pic, the one with the green surfaces, it seems like atleast two 5 sided surfaces. You "can" do a 5 sided surf using style (or N-sided surf) but i would suggest you break down each of the two green surfaces into two 4 sided surfaces instead. You probalby got the same problem on the backside?

//Tobias

Please, review attached part for some idea
Creo 3.0 commercial (resume all)

Attachments

• surface_guitar.prt.zip
    59.7 KB · Views: 10
Tobbo... honestly I work mostly with solid modeling... I have to learn also the surface modeling for sure :(
SZIFO... tnx also for your support! got some great ideas with your model :)

At the end I have managed to make the shape with sweep blend and some minor corrections afterwords.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back