Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

do you use the term 'technical surfacing'???

design-engine

I've heard the term 'technical surfacing' over the years and am struggling to define it appropriately. Maybe there is a better term? I heard one product manager on the west coast request a need for technical surfacing people/ training however he was interested in simply a surfacing expert. Comments?

It seams to me technical surfacing is apposed to form surfacing in that tooling engineers may need surfaces to create special cuts using surface to accomplish a specific task.

1 Surface offsets for creating progressive electrodes
2 surface sweeps to create draft when draft feature is not working or appropriate.
3 cuts up to surface

Can anyone comment?

Hi dross, I was just in LA for a week teaching a class to a medical company and was thinking about you.

My reference is in between Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design. They seam to produce technical surfacing people. Hear the term from both Managers at Plantornics, Oakley Kohler and Harley.

Hi dross, I was just in LA for a week teaching a class to a medical company and was thinking about you.

My reference is in between Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design. They seam to produce technical surfacing people. Hear the term from both Managers at Plantornics, Oakley Kohler and Harley.

You were in Louisiana?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back