Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I got a weird one. Creo 3.0 upon regn hops out of insert mode

design-engine

I have a customer's part. Upon going into insert mode and making a change and hitting regenerate... The part jumped out of insert mode and regenerated everything in the model tree. Although I'm using a customer's computer it is not a config.pro because I was able to repeate the hop on a differnet machine but not on one that we start from scratch. I narrowed it down to the specific customer's part.

Has something to do w/ regeneration manager and saved prefs. Maybe I just learned something LOL

HAHA... figured it out. I was in a family table part... instance and just realized it.

Last edited:
I've done the same thing unintentionally - make changes to the instance when the changes should be in the generic. It would be nice if when an instance is in session that it was obvious that this is an instance of a family table and not have to rely on your memory. My memory is not what it used to be.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back