Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC stock is up. What's going on?

dr_gallup

I bought PTC stock long long time ago, been in the red forever. Happened to check it today and I'm +5%. What is PTC doing right?

The analysts are going crazy:
[h=1]Jefferson Research upgrades PTC INC from SELL to HOLD.[/h]

It must be the "Internet of Things' thing they keep talking up.
I know it isn't Creo. They barely mention it anymore. Maybe they're finally going to get bought out and split up?

Seems like it is some VR tech:

On August 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2016, PTC announced availability of Vuforia™ 6, the newest version of its award-winning platform for augmented reality (AR) development. Vuforia 6 introduces the VuMark™, a customizable visual code that enables AR experiences to be attached to any product or object. Vuforia is the world's most widely used platform for AR development. With support for leading phones, tablets, and eyewear, more than 30,000 Vuforia-powered applications have been published on the App Store and Google Play - and have led to more than 275 million app installs.

I think it's time to dump it before all these people realize how poorly PTC maintains their products.

Here's all you need to know about Cat- they've been steadily laying off workers for the past couple years because they over-invested in mining and oil and gas, but their CEO who was responsible for all those bad decisions is still there and got a million dollar raise from the year before.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back