Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

All model names i a table

moose021

Hi
I have a drawing with 10 different models added. (not an assembly)
How can I show all model names/parameters in a table? Like a repeat region for assembly.

//L

If I understand correctly, you want to show all the Family Tabled Instance names & Parameters in a table? This would be a Two-D repeat Region.

1. Create a simple table 2x2
2. Repeat Region -> Add -> Two-D
3. Click in Upper Left Cell to locate top corner
4. Click in Lower Right Cell to locate bottom corner (may have to click more than once)
5. In top Left Cell, Right Click -> Properties -> Type in "Part Number" in Text Editor (or whatever you desire)
6. In top right cell, double click. fam... -> inst... -> param... -> name (full path in editor would be &fam.inst.param.name)
7. In lower left cell, double click. fam... -> inst... -> name (&fam.inst.name)
8. In lower right cell, double click. fam... -> inst... -> param... -> value (&fam.inst.param.value)
9. Update Tables
10. You can then create filters, if there is information that you do not want to show.

If the parts are not in an assembly, then I would add them to one just so that you can do as you want and show them in the repeat region.
As individual parts that are not in an assembly, I don't see any other way to do it.

Can I go back a step and ask why you would have one drawing with 10 unrelated models? Sounds like very bad drawing practice.

Its not the best way but for us its a good way to get all articles in one layout. I have added the models into an assembly and done a BOM-table. Double work but it works.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back