Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Radial pattern relations

pjw

Hello People,

Long time since I have posted on here, but would anybody be able to tell me how I could create a radial pattern using relations? I want 106 holes, with one in the centre of a disk, 7 in the next.. 14,21,28,35.. total of 106 holes altogether spaced at 22.86 outwards.

I know you can sketch a datum curve and pattern within the curve, but the outer of the outside holes don't meet where the curve has been sketched.

Maybe I'm approaching this wrong, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

I think you are going to have to make separate radial patterns for each ring. You might be able to do it with a table but I think that would be a PITA.

Thanks a lot dr_gallup. I thought I may be able to do it with pattern relations... the memb_i and memb_v thingy, but I don't know a lot of using this technique, so unless I can figure it out, I may be as well going down the separate pattern route. Thanks a lot for your response.

Phil

You could try a pattern fill - you would likely have to use multiple iterations to get the exact results you want, but I think it's possible.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back