Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Add a radius

evan1110

Hello,

I am trying to add a radius to a surface that has a half inch of surface and comes to a point where the is no surface. How do I add a radius to a surface like this? I attached a photo of my model.

Thank you in advance!
Tim B

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 23
so you want to add a radius on the red line, that starts from the bottom arrow (radius value "X") that goes to the top arrow ( radius value "0") ? If so, just create a variable round by rightclick and pick "make variable" when making the radius Then just define your values.

Did i understand your question correctly?

//Tobias

1 you can add a radius that goes to a point using variable rounds to some degree of control. 2 you can make the radius variable to a very small radius on most occasions. 3 use a technique we teach in our third day of our surfacing class to control radius w/ a surface. Ill try to explain.... cut the area out with a solid cut then get the round to look like you want and surface model the patch area that you cut out. the first method only works in various examples. The second works most of the time. the latter works every time but takes five min.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back