Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Logo in table on a drawing

Elmo83

I want to insert a company logo into a table placed in the right lower corner of my drawings but I can't seem to figure out how. I can insert a picture via the Layout tab> insert object> create new> paintbrush image and then inserting my logo into paint. Then the logo apperas as an object on my drawing and I can resize and move it as I want but I cannot make it a part of my table to save it and insert to another drawing (e.g. making A4, A3 and A2 formats with same table)
Does anyone know how to make the logo a part of the table without having to sketch it?
logo_how.jpg

I create a symbol from the logo then insert that into the table with the test string &sym(logo_sym_name_)

That seems like a good solution except I don't know how to create a symbol from the logo.
I have made my logo into a vector graphic file (SVG) and a DXF file but I don't know how to open/import any of these into Creo.
I use the symbol > custom symbol > new, but from here I cant seem to get any further.

I somehow figured it out. Not shure if it was the correct way to do it but it worked.
I opened a my frame (.frm) and simply dragged the .dxf file from windows explorer onto the sheet. It then appeared as a sketch and now I went to symbol > custom symbol > new > copy drawing. Then I marked the sketch and now it was a symbol. Then I had to resize it and *poof* I had my symbol.
If anyone know of an easier way to do this I would gladly learn it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back