Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to Get the Most out of Surface Modeling in Solidworks

Dude has a grudge .... forgive me I stated it incorrect. Now you and everyone know what I meant. Thank you for clearing that up. Silly me I left out the word 'database' or 'Pro/ENGINEER' "First CNC'ed Propeller from a Cad database' is what I meant.

Cool story too.... History Lesson that is probably not documented so well.
The shop who did that CNC program used trajpar equations to model the prop using Pro/ENGINEER R7 . HOW DO I BOLD PRO/ENGINEER Those props were Titanium too. Super hard and slow to cut. 20k per propeller. I have contacts at Mercruser but not sure who can tell us when they did their first CNC (off CAD) off Pro/ENGINEER but I know it was closer to 1998

Ken, the guy who runs that shop I am refering too is on this forum too but does not post probably for fear of 'dross' LOL I would really like to hear that story again. http://threesigma.net/ I belive this is their website.

Last edited:
Dude has a grudge .... forgive me I stated it incorrect. Now you and everyone know what I meant. Thank you for clearing that up. Silly me I left out the word 'database' or 'Pro/ENGINEER' "First CNC'ed Propeller from a Cad database' is what I meant.

Cool story too.... History Lesson that is probably not documented so well.
The shop who did that CNC program used trajpar equations to model the prop using Pro/ENGINEER R7 . HOW DO I BOLD PRO/ENGINEER Those props were Titanium too. Super hard and slow to cut. 20k per propeller. I have contacts at Mercruser but not sure who can tell us when they did their first CNC (off CAD) off Pro/ENGINEER but I know it was closer to 1998

Ken, the guy who runs that shop I am refering too is on this forum too but does not post probably for fear of 'dross' LOL I would really like to hear that story again. Three Sigma Manufacturing - Kent, WA I belive this is their website.

No grudge.

You didn't read the article I posted a link to, did you?
What do you think they used in 1986 to NC the boat prop? It was a CAD/CAM system. Does not say which one, and does not matter. They did it in 1986 and it likely was not ProE.

DJI Prop created using trajpar

prop601.jpg

part of our Aircraft surfacing two day workshop for engineers looking to work w/ aerodynamics engineers http://proetools.com/creo-surfacing-level-9-surfacing-aero-forms-using-creo/

It took us 15 years to get SW to add a conic function in sketcher and not just a 3 degree spline. I gave up on trajpar etc. Why would they? Just buy catia LOL

BTW we are offering our week long Solidworks intensive the last week of Sept http://proetools.com/solidworks-surfacing-intensive/ Special instructor from the west coast is teaching it. we would give a 50 percent discount to anyone who mentions SW and Creo in the same sentence.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back