Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Determing torque needed

taku*

Hello MCAD Central people.

This is my first post/thread - so i hope you do not bash me too hard, if i write something stupid...

I have problem, that I do not know how to solve (Using Creo Parametric).

I have to optimize cylindrical cutting blade to accelerate with certain speed using minimal torque.

For that i need to determine how much torque (Nm) is needed to rotate my modeled cylinder 120 degrees in 0,3 seconds. (Cylinder will not rotate at constant speed, but rotates 120 degrees with given time, then is in stop for approx. 1 second, then rotates next 120 degrees.. and so on.)

I have attached rough sketch - but what i am looking for is tutorial like walkthrough how to set up dynamic analysis for this and how to measure data that i need to extract.

In reality, cylinder is lot more complex in geometry that in attached simplified sketch.

For good Samaritan, who is willing to spend little time, i might send a box of candy for Christmas (if he/she wants)..

Thank you!
Margus

cutter.jpg

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back