Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help me in assembly and animation

Bhuvan Lakshmn

question.jpg

Could anyone please help me in animation in creo parametric 3.0??

Details: as the picture above i have attached here,
Parts: 2 gears and 1 part (rod)
Gear ratio:1:1
Gear1 : is fixed
Gear 2 : is mounted above the Gear 1 (centre distance is 30 mm)
Rod: alone rotates along the centre axis and it connected to gear 2. in order to control the motion, Gear 2 revolves as it mounted on the gear1 and gear 2 revolves because it connected to rod on the top

i would like to animate: If i give the force to rod (i dont know how to assemble and animate the rod) as i shown in the picture the gear 2 should rotate along with the rod and motion along gear 1

Before you start animation you need to have the following three parts in your assembly and in the same order:
1. A carrier
2. Central Fixed gear
3. Rotating cum revolving gear.

The carrier part is assembled with "default" assembly constraints.
The central gear assembled with the carrier part using a pin joint constraint.
Similarly the other gear is also assembled with carrier part using the pin joint constraint.

In mechanism application, define the gear joint using generic gear type.
Define a servo motor with axis coinciding with rotational axis of the rotational gear.
Define a Kinematic analysis and run it !

I am unable to upload the animation file because file size restrictions. You need the animation file please send me a private message with your e-mail id. I will give the file to you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back