Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo Parametric 3.0 crashes all the time after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but now my Creo Parametric 3.0 crashes almost every time I close one of the open Creo windows. I think it has something to do with the graphics card driver not being 100% compatible with Creo. I am using a FirePro W7100. Anyone who knows a (temporary) fix for this?

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven,

I have recently upgraded too and have experienced multiple graphics driver crashes with my V5800 card.

I pinned it down to the AMD Driver. The only driver version that I found works properly with Creo is 13.352. and that one does not work with Windows 10 in my experience.
Upon research I found AMD are bad at implementing OpenGL support. With this in mind I purchased a cheap Quardro K600 from ebay to test my theory.

That cheap card is so much better than my V5800 with no issues at all so am looking to upgrade to a better Quadro card to suit my larger models.

This is my experience only but it may be worth a go.

I hope it helps.

Have fun,

Miles

Hi,

I know that Win10 is not officially supported by PTC, but I was able to single the issue out to the graphics driver so I was wondering whether anyone knew a temporary fix until better drivers come out... I really don't want to revert back to Win7...

Cheers,
Steven

Hi Miles,

Unfortunately there wasn't any Nvidia cards lying around in the office so I had to stick with my FirePro. There has been a driver update recently that got installed through Windows update, but strangely enough it's not available (yet) on the AMD website. I've been talking to AMD customer support, and apparently they know there's an issue and they are working on the drivers to fix it. Maybe they want to fix it before they launch new drivers on their website... One can only hope so. My fate is in their hands... :D

Cheers,
Steven

I am running Creo 3 M060 with Win10 successfully, without a single issue over the past 2 weeks now on a Dell T3600 with Nvidia quadro 2000 card.

M060 was "planned" to support Win10, but it apparently is not yet official.

Yeah, unfortunately 2 months later the issues still haven't been fixed. Still waiting for a new version of the FirePro drivers. So anyone who uses Creo 3.0 with a FirePro graphics card, please DO NOT upgrade to Win10 for now!!!

Hi guys,

AMD has released new drivers on 1 December. I have been using them for a couple of days now and I'm happy to report that they seem to be quite stable in combination with Creo Parametric. Performance seems a bit lower than before the Win10 upgrade, so probably AMD has been focusing on stability first on this new release. Let's just hope that they keep working on driver optimization for Creo Parametric for a next release.

Cheers,
Steven

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back