Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Require Help

TheDrafter

Hi

I am using Pro Engineer Wildfire 2.0. I am trying to create a drawing file, however, I do not know how to create a standard dimension from the center of one hole to the center of another.

if you created the dimension appropriately in the part you can show that dimension in the drawing. Otherwise you have to use the annotation/dimension tool to create the desired dimension. If you do the later, you simply use the dim tool to dig each hole then use your middle button to place the dimension in the proper place.

To dimension from the center of the hole you need first to display the hole axis, so in Annotate select "Show Model Annotations". In the window activate the rightmost tab "Show Model Datums" with the datum icon and click on the view where the hole is shown. You can then highlight the axis you want to show in the drawing, and use it to dimension

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back