Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Locking Nominal and Limit Dimensions for Family Tables

Hey everyone,

I am working on a family table for some gears at work. I went through and made my model and when I go to dimension it we type in the nominal value (for this example 3.752). After I have everything revolved and want to change the dimensions from nominal to limits I go into the dimensions tab set my upper limit at 0.004 and my lower at 0.000. This way when I type other members into the family I should be able to just type in the lower limit and when I get my drawing the upper should be automatically 0.004 larger (3.756).

So to recap my
nominal is 3.752 (that I type into my family table)
lower should be 3.752
upper should be 3.756

But, When I am doing this Pro E Wildfire 4.0 is changing my nominal dimension for 3.752 to 3.754 and changes the limits to upper 0.002 and lower 0.002, so for the first drawing it works out but now whenever I put a new member into my family they not the limits that I want. I tried using the toggle lock command but it did not change anything and my dimensions were still changing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zach

You need to add the tolerance values to the table. Change the dimension to a plus and minus tolerance display, add both tolerances to the table. The table uses nominal and the upper and lower tolerances to calculate the value. So, if you dimension is called D1. You add D12 to the table and the add TP12 and TM12 to the table. Set TM12 to 0 and TP12 to .004. You can now enter the 'nominal' value into D12 like you want.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back