Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving a sheet metal bend

dr_gallup

I have an existing sheet metal part (terminal blades for a coil assembly) that I want to put into a different assembly. To do that I need some of the bends in different locations. The terminal blade already has some notches to help it bend where the original bends are. I have no problem with the 90 degree bend because it occurs across a constant width length of the blade but the 45 degree bend needs to go partly across one of the notches and Pro/E (WF4) fails to regenerate in that case. Here is a picture with the 45 degree bend ib about the last place it will successfully regenerate. I need to move it a little more toward the tip but it fails. I'm just using a normal bend operation. Is there some other sheetmetal feature that won't fail?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 24
A sketched bend should not fail, the notches would be after the bend in the model tree.
Maybe you can re-structure it to put the bend before the notches?

A sketched bend should not fail, the notches would be after the bend in the model tree.
Maybe you can re-structure it to put the bend before the notches?

I can't do that because of the way I'm trying to reuse the model. The notches are in the model after the original bends, that's how I positioned them. So in the "reuse" model I flattened the blade and then added new bends. Evidently it doesn't like the change in section in the bend region. It should be able to do it though, I can physically do it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back