Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Diameter symbol outside basic dimension box

dr_gallup

I have a drawing that has some boxed dimensions with diameter symbols to define a gauge zone. In the old views the diameter symbols are inside the box. I created a new view and the diameter symbols are outside the box. What detail setting could cause this? How can it do both in one drawing?
Capture.JPG

dr_gallup - in the dimension properties, under display...if you add the symbol in front of the text (@D) it will put the symbol on the outside of the box. If you put the symbol in the Prefix box, it will show up inside the basic dimension box.

dr_gallup - in the dimension properties, under display...if you add the symbol in front of the text (@D) it will put the symbol on the outside of the box. If you put the symbol in the Prefix box, it will show up inside the basic dimension box.

That did not make any difference, putting the diameter symbol in the Prefix box still showed up outside the basic dimension box. The only thing that has worked for me is using @[dia_sym@D@] to fake it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back