Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Configuring ModelCHECK

per2fh

My desire is to use a common set of files so I am attempting to use the variable MCDIR to define an alternate location.
I placed the following line in the start up batch file in an attempt to define this variable for the location of the config files, just like the help files showed

set MCDIR=T:\lib\modchk\text\usascii\config

The entire modchk folder and its contents were copied to this location from the default load point.
To verify I was getting to this location, I copied and renamed the config.gmc to config-serve.gmc
I also copied and renamed the config.gmc to config-home.gmc in the default load point.

While in the ModelCHECK configuration tool, under GeomIntegrityCHECK setting, I made some changes and wanted to save them.
Selecting the SaveAs button displays the Save VDA Check config file dialogue box. In this, I have three radio buttons:
- System Directory
- MCDIR (this does not show unless the MCDIR variable is set)
- Working Directory
and a box directly to the right of these items.
(I get the same when selecting the "Load" button)
Initial opening of the dialogue box, the MCDIR radio button is selected, nothing is in the box
selecting the System Directory, two items show in the box: config.gmc and home-config.gmc
selecting the MCDIR, the box turns empty
selecting the Working Directory, home-config.gmc appears.

Being that my hairline is receding, pulling my hair out is no longer an option.
Any suggestions of where my failings are or perhaps suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point.
Thanks in advance.

I figured it out... so I am posting this to share the wealth
(used with Creo 2.0, M100)

the command line in the batch file is:

set MCDIR=T:\lib\modchk\text\usascii\

In the ModelCHECK configuration tool, selecting the GeomIntegrityCheck setting in the left panel, it shows the configuration file being used.
Once I got it correct, the information in the Config Directory box in the right panel changed from System Dir to MCDIR and in the Config File box resides the file config.gmc.

Selecting the load button, it shows three radio buttons for file locations (as mentioned in previous post) and nothing in the box directly to the right.
But, when I make another selection then return to MCDIR, I am presented with config file options.

If you plan to use a central location serve of these files, it is critical to copy the modchk folder and everything under it from the system load point to the new location intact.

good luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back