Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HD 4600 graphic issue with Creo 2.0

Creator81

Hi,

I am new at this forum and also from non english speaking country, so please excuse my written english.

Recently I purchessed new Thinkpad E540. It has following specs: Intel i5 4210M processor, 4 gigs of ram and Intel HD 4600 integrated graphic card. I am running Creo 2.0 M100 on Windows 8.1. Latest graphic drivers are installed, Windows are up to date. Creo starts fine but acts kind of funny - I am very annoyed by that. Let me elaborate. After setting working directory, I open assembly with around 700 parts and after 10 sec or so the 3D model loads. Til now everything is fine, I can turn the model, i can zoom in and out. Now the problem. When I click on "open" icon the following happens: "file open" dialog box starts to open but does not open swiftly like iz should - for 5 sec or so dialog box just go black while mouse indicator is turning around and top of the dialog box indicates: "File open (not responding)". After dialog box finaly opens, I can select part of drawing and open it normally. The weird thing is that sometimes everything works perfectly normal - but most of the time it is not. I also tried with config64.pro file "graphics win32_gdi". If software rendering is enabled this problem dissapers but the program is so slow that is not usable. Also on PTC web page there is a document that says Intel graphic cards in Lenovo products are certified.

Had anybody encountered and solved this problem. Any advise on this matter would be of great help to me.

Best regards,
Zvonko

Attachments

• dialog box - file open.jpg
    dialog box - file open.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
Does it happen also with smaller models? In which visualization mode are you (Shading with edges, wireframe, etc)? I saw all sort of glitches on Intel 4000 and 4400 cards on laptops, so it's not surprising what you're telling me, especially on a very large model. I've tested Creo 3.0 on a Mac laptop (Intel iris alias 5xxx) under Parallels and despite being a bit slow on large assemblies it's pretty usable with no glitches (except environmental mapping doesn't work)

After I spent some time troubleshooting I think I found a solution, well sort of. As I wrote in my first post the biggest problem for me was considrable lag (cca 5 sec) when opening "file open" dialog window. As I now found out this has something to do with setting a working directory. I will try to explain this with two scenarios.

Scenario No.1 (unsuccessful): Open Creo 2.0, set working directory, click file open icon... In every case this combination of actions resolves in "file open" dialog box cca. 5 sec lag before it finally opens.

Scenario No.2 (partially successful): Open Creo 2.0, click on "file open" icon, select main assemblly and open it, now set working directory. Almost every part, assembly and drawing from now on opens instantly. On few rare occasions i still get lag but this is manageable.

I guess this really is some kind of glitch and most probably due to the Intel graphic drivers but on the other hand I have to ask what does setting working directory has to do with graphic rendering. O, and since I am from non english speaking country I have to emphasize that no ŠČĆŽ letters were used in working directory name. This had been an issue with wildfire 5 if I remember correctly.

Also I have to say, from my experiance anyways, that HD 4600 renders 700+ parts assembly (mostly from sheetmetal parts) with no problem what so ever - once it opens, of course ;)

Hope this helps, If someone has the same problem. Also, if someone has more advanced solution I would very much like to hear it.

Best regards,
Zvonko

I am facing the same issue since two weeks. To open a file, it takes around 12 seconds. Sometimes creo goes "not responding". Conatcted many, but couldnt find the exact reason why this occurs.

Could u able to find a permanent solution for this issue??

Need help!!!!!!

Nithin

I am facing the same issue since two weeks. To open a file, it takes around 12 seconds. Sometimes creo goes "not responding". Conatcted many, but couldnt find the exact reason why this occurs.

Could u able to find a permanent solution for this issue??

Need help!!!!!!

Nithin

Hi Nithin and others,

with windows 8.1 Pro I somehow managed to bypass this issue with updating graphic drivers to the latest. Since i updated to W10 this issue is back again. This time the first window always opens instantanius. Problematic is the second one and above, takin some 10 sec to load. It is clearly an multiple windows issue. I can assume that the problem is intel graphic drivers related.

If someone had found the solution to this mess, please do let me know.

Best regards,
Zvonko

Hi Nithin and others,

with windows 8.1 Pro I somehow managed to bypass this issue with updating graphic drivers to the latest. Since i updated to W10 this issue is back again. This time the first window always opens instantanius. Problematic is the second one and above, takin some 10 sec to load. It is clearly an multiple windows issue. I can assume that the problem is intel graphic drivers related.

If someone had found the solution to this mess, please do let me know.

Best regards,
Zvonko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back