Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

VSS-Swept Blend help.....

michaelpaul

I am having trouble with a swept blend I'm working on. I want to sweep a cut along the part as shown in the image. for this image, I used the center light blue line as my sweep profile. I then have a section profile on the top and bottom surfaces. I aligned my circular piece with the end points of each of the other two blue lines. my hope was that the sketch section would remain aligned to those curves (guide curves from Solidworks) due to the alignment. that did not happen. I've tried selecting the other two curves as direction curves but that doesn't give me what I want either. I don't do many swept blends so I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I recall this being extremely simple in SW.

any help would be appreciated. zip file of the PRT is attached.

Attachments

• sample.zip
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
Swept blend creates side boundaries automatically along the trajectory. There's not control over that part of the feature.
Make the sections as separate, individual curves,
then use boundary blends

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back