Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parts in assembly losing their assigned colors

Stivie886

Hello,

I am using Creo Parametric 3 and I have this problem with parts losing their assigned colors in an assembly every time I change something to the assembly. If I'm not mistaken, this mainly happens to parts that are patterned in the assembly. But it even happens when changing things in the assembly that have nothing to do with that pattern, eg parts that are lower in the model tree. I know that you can assign colors inside the part itself, but sometimes it's just easier to keep the default color in the part and assign a different color in the assembly. An example why this is easier is for instance a part that needs to have a white color. Try making a sketch in wireframe mode on a white part on the standard white background and you will understand why... You can of course change the part color every time you need to edit something and then change it back to white, but this is all very annoying...

Anyone else having the same issue and knows how to solve this? Is this a bug in Creo 3?

Cheers,
Steven

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back