Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with cross sections

bsch2734

Hello,
I am brand new to Creo and 3D modeling and I have an easy question.
I created a blend from a square to a circle and now I would like to use take cross section from that shape and extrude it. I need to preserve the blend on both sides of the cross section, though. How can this be done?

Here is the blend:
PIC 1.jpg

Here is the cross section that needs to be extruded just a little. The material on both sides MUST remain in tact.
PIC 1.jpg

Thanks!

Okay, thank you for your expedient reply Dr Gallup, but I have never made a datum curve before. Can you please explain a little further and/ or direct me to another useful resource?
Thanks!
Bsch2734

I don't get what do you mean with "preserve the blend on both sides", are you going to blend the extrude and the remaining part? You can do it with a simple extrude and a round, or you can use driving curves like suggested

Okay, thanks for the help. I figured out datum curves (I had never used them before). What I had to do was create a datum curve from the cross section and project it onto a datum plane as a sketch. This did just what I eanted.
Thanks!

Couldn't you just trim the solid at the cross section plane and draw a sketch when you project the curve loop?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back