Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

After Rename, files are blank?

Dwyer0022

Hi there, I'm working on a project that is due tomorrow at 5, my assembly was complete and everything worked, but I decided to change the file names for better organization, and when I opened some of them, they were blank. I attempted to change the names back, but to no avail? I'm going to start remaking the files as that's my only option I'm assuming, but is there any way to pull those old parts back? It would be a great time cutter as I have exams to study for tomorrow. Thank you, John

I assume you are not using a PDM and that you renamed the file outside of Creo, right? Can't you just open the previous versions of the files?

After you renamed the files and they were blank, was the model tree still showing features? I've had it where I've done something like that and everything is still in the model tree but it's not showing anything on the screen for a model, changing the model view from shading to a wireframe display (no hidden, hidden, or wireframe) and then back to shading will bring display the model correctly again. Don't know why it happens but that's one situation I've run into.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back