Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

toolbars

dr_gallup

Trying to come to grips with the Creo interface (lets get it out there I HATE RIBBONS). In particular, there is this floating toolbar that is driving me nuts:
3s33dMkp6h3AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1. It's in the way, can I move it?
  2. The icons are too small, can I resize it?
  3. The commands are poorly chosen, can i customize it?
  4. Who EVER uses those + & - zoom buttons anymore? We've all got scroll wheels on our mice, don't we?
  5. Why can't I get a command on there to update my drawing views???? Who thought it was a good idea to put that under Review tab.

Why the he!! can't I make a nice customizable toolbar down the right side of the screen? On where things would stay put and never change?

I swear this interface has doubled the number of mouse clicks to get anything done.

Right click it and it'll give you options to hide it and/or resize it. You can customize it somewhat, again in the right click drop out.

You can chose what commands you want in that toolbar but only from a slightly limited set. You can place the toolbar on the bottom of the window or on the right/left edge in vertical fashion. Ribbons in Creo have come a long way since the beginning and I must say they are a lot less annoying now.

Oh once playing with the interface I entered an application that had the toolbar and button layout of the old Wildfire interface, but with the new Creo icons :O

Paolo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back