Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Skeleton question with respect to parameters

design-engine

I usually answer the question myself after a few hours but here goes. Is there a way to pass a parameter from a skeleton part to the individual piece parts? I suppose you do it with a part parameter right thru the skeleton part.

I suppose we could use reference geometry in the skeleton that pushes the parameters out to the other piece parts. The piece part can then get the shell thickness from that. Might be hard for not so experienced folks to determine how the geometry is driven. I often include notes in the model that indicate process and references. Comments?

I've not found a means for passing parameter info from skeleton to parts other than a relation in the assy. That's a bit opaque, in my view. Hard to see what's driving what without going into the relations editor.

I've put offsets in for shell thicknesses in the skeleton when I need to know both sides in downstream components. It kinda feels like overkill, but I usually error on too much in the skeleton than too little.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back