Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks 2014 Performance Issues

Mark Summers

I have what I believe is a big performance problem with Solidworks 2014 and my new HP ZBook 17. When I select an entity in sketch mode, as expected, I get the pop-up properties dialog window. The delay is way more than on "slower" computers I use on campus. Additionally, if I control-click several sketch entities to assign a sketch constraint, each successive entity click seems to take forever. Adding dimensions is similar. Launching the program take a long time as well.

My laptop is a dual core i7-4800 CPU at 2.70 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA Quadro K3100M video card. Inventor and Creo seem to run quite well with this configuration.

I made a quick 60 second video (which at 700 MB was too large to attach), so if anyone wants to e-mail me at [email protected], I will e-mail it to you and let you see what you think.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back