Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Student version with non-student version

cityjack

Good morning all,

At work I am currently using Creo 3.0. I have a student at a local community college that I am assisting with her Pro/E. She is using Creo 2.0 BUT it is a student version. She is trying to pass my her models via email to have a look at but I cannot open. Creo 3 tells me because of the files being done with a student version I will be unable to open them. Is there a way that she can save them as something I can open in my Creo 3 or how can I get to see her files so I can continue to help her?

Thanks

Sid

I don't think it's possible to exchange files between student edition and "normal" edition. Maybe with the granite interoperability kernel you can load files from the student edition but I don't think so. On a theoretical level it makes sense, otherwise a freelancer could get a student edition with some tricks (like buying it for his son) and do regular work with that knowing that a company with the full license could load the files he produces.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back