Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Contraints for Hydraulic Valve body - Pro-Mechanica

sk_astroman

Hi,

I'm using WF4.0. I have some constraints problem for analysing hydraulic valve body using Pro-Mechanica.

Valve is fixed on the system from bottom surface using 3 screws.

I wish to confirm whether the given constraints in Pro-Mechanica were correct or not.

Please check out pictures in attachment.

Constraints given as follows,

1. Threaded holes (3 nos):
Translation: X-Fixed; Y-Free; Z-Fixed;
Rotation: X-Fixed; Y-Free; Z-Fixed;

2. Bottom Surface:
Translation: X-Free; Y-Fixed; Z-Free;
Rotation: X-Free; Y-Fixed; Z-Free;

Regards,
Karthikeyan.S

Attachments

• Valve_Body_1.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi Karthikeyan.S,

it raises a question what exactly you want to look at? First at all you don't need to contrain rotations while you are working with volume. It is a bug in WF4 to allow you to select anything. In later versions those contraints will appear in grey. But you can put your mind at rest... you can select whatever you like it won't change anything...
A bigger problem are sharp edges on the inside chamfers. If doing a calculation you will have a very high value of stresses there that you must not evaluate. Even if you erode sth. you will have a radius. If you have a sharp edge choose r=0.2.
So back to the topic where is your load, and which position you want to look at?

BR
Mirko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back