Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Variable Pattern along a Curve

guy_rounce

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out. Im trying to create a variable pattern, which I know I can achieve using a pattern table....but I additionally want it to follow a curve.

Any ideas on this would be a great help. Im using Creo 2.0

Thanks.

create a point on the curve you want to follow and set the initial offset, and then pattern the point and select the offset as the dimension to vary, then enter the required dimensions in a table. You can now reference the first point in any features you need to pattern, and then reference pattern them, these will now follow the curve

Attachments

• pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 21
That works perfectly, thanks Jay.....but my next stage is that I want to vary a dimension in the sketch that I constrain to the initial datum point. I cant seem to see any way in which to do that in a reference pattern.

Any suggestions?

create the point, then create your sketch referencing that point. Group the two together and create a table pattern of that group. You can now select dimensions for the position of the point and for the sketch which will be variable in the table. Hope this is what you're looking for

regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back