Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CNC Tabbing in Creo Manufacturing

bronco22

Hello, I work with a furniture company and program primarily in 3 axis for cutting plywood on a vaccuum spoil board. I was wondering if there is any type of NC sequence that would allow you to incorporate tabs in the cut. Occasionally I have to cut out very small parts that are too small for the vaccuum to hold down. We have another programmer that uses ABC Cam to program parts that are created in Solid Works. We are trying to get away from those packages. ABC Cam has a "tab" function to incorporate into the trajectories. I am hoping that there might be a hidden function or a function that I have not found yet that would allow you to place tabs to hold all the wood down to the table without kicking them out. HELP! Please let me know. Thanks.

Hello, I work with a furniture company and program primarily in 3 axis for cutting plywood on a vaccuum spoil board. I was wondering if there is any type of NC sequence that would allow you to incorporate tabs in the cut. Occasionally I have to cut out very small parts that are too small for the vaccuum to hold down. We have another programmer that uses ABC Cam to program parts that are created in Solid Works. We are trying to get away from those packages. ABC Cam has a "tab" function to incorporate into the trajectories. I am hoping that there might be a hidden function or a function that I have not found yet that would allow you to place tabs to hold all the wood down to the table without kicking them out. HELP! Please let me know. Thanks.

There is a sheetmetal manufacturing module that is for punching/laser cutting sheetmetal. In this module there are areas you can define for pads (or tabs).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back