Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assy regen Yellow light

Geneg

When I regenerate my assembly it gives me a yellow light and when I bring up a Regeneration Manager, all the components are regenerated.

Any clue what can be a problem?

Thanks

When you click on the yellow stop light, what message do you get? It usually tells you where the error is.

Have you tried hitting regen several times in the assembly to clear the yellow light? I've found that sometimes fixes the problem. If that doesn't do it and you get no further information from the stop light or the regen manager, open parts of the assembly one by one to find the offender. Pita but sometimes I've found to be the only way to fix the problem.

silverado8405:

"open parts of the assembly one by one to find the offender" that was the solution in my case.

Thank you

When you click on the yellow stop light, what message do you get? It usually tells you where the error is.

I've seen this too. regen once and you get a yellow light. regen again and it turns green. not sure why it does this but it's rather annoying. yet another of the many quirks that make up the quality product that is Pro-E/Creo

I've seen this too. regen once and you get a yellow light. regen again and it turns green. not sure why it does this but it's rather annoying. yet another of the many quirks that make up the quality product that is Pro-E/Creo

Depending on how you build your model and the inter-relationships you establish, it can take more than one regen just to fully regen a single part. You need to understand the order that Pro/E evaluates relations. In particular, sketch relations can require a second regen. I try to avoid them.

Depending on how you build your model and the inter-relationships you establish, it can take more than one regen just to fully regen a single part. You need to understand the order that Pro/E evaluates relations. In particular, sketch relations can require a second regen. I try to avoid them.

I understand what you're saying but the problem I have with it is that it still is one of those quirky things that you just kind of have to figure out on your own. when I regen I expect the model to be regenerated. if there are errors I then expect to have to fix them. I don't expect to regen once and then effectively have the software say it did it and didn't find any errors but then it still tells me maybe I should do it again just to be sure. the software shouldn't require two regens from the user. if the software is handling something funny that it thinks requires a second regen then it should be addressed in the regen function, which is what we wanted to do when we told the software to regen the model!

at best it could at least provide some feedback about what may be wrong rather than simply regen with no found errors but still display the yellow light.

When I have seen this in the past, there would usually be a circular reference somewhere causing the problem. I have also had to regen some models more than once depending on the relations called out. It may have been the order of the relations, don't know.

I had similar issues in large assemblies once I started using connections and mechanisim heavily. I got a bunch of yellow lights and sometimes a double regen would clear them, sometimes not. I never did find a root cause for this and always thought it was just a quirk once you start pinning and slotting stuff. I found that occasionally mechanism, or things bound by connections, would cause pro to go batty and things would just start puking or doing stupid stuff without reason, this yellow light thing was one of them. I would never get a red over anything I didn't cause so, for me if the light is green or yellow I just plod on.

hth

I'm having this issue with a harness right now myself. Nothing clears the yellow light.........yet.

I'm having this issue with a harness right now myself. Nothing clears the yellow light.........yet.

Click on the yellow light, it will give you a clue what's wrong.
You can also look at the message log to find out what's up.

When I regenerate my assembly it gives me a yellow light and when I bring up a Regeneration Manager, all the components are regenerated.

I had the same issue, multiple regenerations did not work. Solution: I changed the type of pattern used to insert parts into the assembly...

Part A has a hole in it, this hole was patterned using the point pattern method.
Part B was inserted into an assembly that already had part A in it.
Part B was inserted into the hole of part A then patterned using a reference pattern (referencing the pattern of holes in part A).
Once I switched part B's pattern type from reference pattern to a point pattern (using the same points part A used to make its pattern of holes), it fixed the yellow light issue.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back