Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simulating an Assembly with indivdual co-ord system!!!

Vishan

Hi,

I'm quite new to Pro-E and would like to simulate an assembly. The thing is, in the assembly the parts are not constrained together rather tey have their own co-ordinate system and are just positioned. So ter is actually no connection between two parts. Its quite a huge assembly, is there any way i could connect all the parts together? Or should i create a whole new assembly again?

Thanks a lot,

Vishan.

Are you referring to an Analysis? If so, I wouldn't recommend doing a large assembly. If you do any assembly at all, the parts need to be constrained to each other. Ideally, you should simplify everything as much as possible or the analysis calculations will take a very long time.

If you wish to assume all parts are welded together, you could export an iges model of the assembly and import as a single part file. This would make a single solid part.

Again, I highly recommend simplifying to the bare bones part(s) that you wish to actually analyze.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back