Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Potentional Winchill speed issues. Moving father away from server

rbreyette

My department is moving across the street and I was wondering if there is going to be protential issues with Winchill and Creo since we are farther away from the server. We have some fast internet lines going to the other building but not sure how much of a difference thing will be.

Also, everyone in our department will be running on wifi instead of hardwired into the computer.

Are there any drastic issues with doing this that anyone has experienced. I would like to be proactive about a portential problem is there is one.

Thanks for your thoughts

I would definitely not to the WiFi. Just asking for trouble. Also, it would be much better if you could run cabling between the buildings instead of using the internet. It will slow down dramatically but it would still be useable. Doing much over WiFi would be unbearable. It works fine for those who need to simply access the viewables. Those actually working on the files would be better served to have the data directly accessible via Ethernet cabling.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back