Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help in checking out with AS STORED option

segadi.wasim

Hello All,

I am new user to Windchill 10, previously i was working with Intralink 3.4.

I need to check out some previous iteration drawings, when i go to history select the version i need to check out and the process is done the latest file is checked out in the workspace instead of the old file.

please help me on this.

Thanks

You need to check out a previous iteration? Or simply add it to the workspace and view it? Normally Check out is for the latest iteration.

Hello All,

I am new user to Windchill 10, previously i was working with Intralink 3.4.

I need to check out some previous iteration drawings, when i go to history select the version i need to check out and the process is done the latest file is checked out in the workspace instead of the old file.

please help me on this.

Thanks

Terminology between Windchill 10 and Intralink 3.4 is different - check out in 3.4 is the equivalent of add to workspace in 10.0.

It's possible that your preferences at the site organizational level (or both) in Windchill are set to not allow you to check out anything but the latest version. This is under the Preference Management -> Create and Edit -> Allow checkout of non-latest iterations.

Check this setting and see if you could change it to throw an overrideable conflict that would warn you the version you are checking out is the non-latest.

Check out meant the same thing in Intralink 3.4 as it does in Windchill 10.

Check out in Intralink 3.4 does not lock the file and show intention to modify it, it simply makes the file available in the workspace. Add to workspace in PDMLink makes the file available. Check out in PDMLink is like going to the library and checking out a book, no one else can access it until you bring it back.

Check out in Intralink 3.4 does not lock the file and show intention to modify it, it simply makes the file available in the workspace. Add to workspace in PDMLink makes the file available. Check out in PDMLink is like going to the library and checking out a book, no one else can access it until you bring it back.

Let me re-phrase the last part - No one can access it for changes until you check it back in. It can be accessed to use in an assembly / drawing / whatever.

If you truly need to start with a previous iteration and make changes to it and make it the latest iteration, here's what you need to do. Add the As Stored iteration to your workspace. Open it and make modifications. Check out when prompted. Make modifications and save to the workspace. Then check in.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back